- At The Moment of My Mind -

Taking leaps of faith only to fall in step with Him.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Can I Take You And Your Broom Out For Dinner?


Earlier being in a good mood while driving home from work I decided to bring my family out for dinner sometime this sat or next wed. I told my mom when I reached home.

This is how it went:-

"Ma, this sat are you free?”
"Why?”
“I mean are you busy?”
“Depends on what you want to do.”

*Smart*

“I just want to take the family out for dinner. Sushi.”
“How can the kids (somehow my sisters are always referred to as ‘The Kids’ never ‘your sisters’ in this family.) eat those kind of things?”


“Aiya, got the normal stuff also ma, like fried rice.”
“…”

At this moment we both look at each other. A questioning look at another…one can probably picture our silent mental conversation like this:-

*Why all of the sudden you so nice take family out to dinner?*

*I good mood lor, like that also cannot?*
*There’s something you want from me issit?*
*Do you hear me asking you for anything?*
*You killed someone, didn’t you? Knocked down some innocent pedestrian on a bike while driving too fast, issit?*
*Nothing like that!*
*You’re not gonna order something weird and make mommy sick, issit?*


*Why would I want to do that?*
*For fun lor.*
*Aiya! This time I really earnest what. Long time liao I dun treat family to dinner so this time I want to bring mommie out for sushi cuz mommie say never go before and thinks sushi nice to eat, good to experience ma. Plus, mother's day is coming agian.*
*Ok lor, ok lor…*
*…what…why are you looking funny at me like that?*
*Are you gonna bring a guy to introduce to us during this dinner?*
*No such thing!!!*
*Oh ok…cuz if you are then mommy have to tell daddy, he would want to come and see...*
*Already said, no such thing!*

It’s draining I tell you, staring at each other like that, anticipating each other’s next verbal move. Then she said, ok, she think about it, if got something come up this sat, she will let me know.

Later I can hear her sweeping the floor downstairs and it was 11pm. Haiz. Probably so puzzled by my behaviour that she felt she had to do something normal.

No comments: