- At The Moment of My Mind -

Taking leaps of faith only to fall in step with Him.

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Guess What?

You know… I never would have thought that I would be picked for such a thing.

What thing?

The training thing.

What training thing?

The training in Fort Lauderdale, FLORIDA, USA.

Oh-my-gawd!

Yeah that’s what first popped up in my mind too.

Yeah, the company is sending me to the states for training. I would have never thought something like this would happen. I mean yeah, I have been bitching for years now about how outdated our training material was and how we desperately need some retraining. I guess all that bitching paid off, eh?

Okay, here are the details.

I leave Brunei on the Nov 25th and then transit through Thailand and California. (Argh! Hollywood! I hope I can see the sign when I pass through.)

It’s not all fun and games of course. We will be arriving at our destination around 5AM Monday morning, on THE SAME DAY when our training starts at 9AM. OMG! >_< That means we’re gonna try catching as much snooze as possible in the 14hr flight from Thai to Cali. Plus this is an absolute one-in-a-life-time chance and I for one am not gonna screw it up. The ppl at the office makes sure of that as well, as they arranged meetings with me based on budget and business planning.

Ah, accounting is like the 7th level of hell. Thank gawd I took POA in Form 5 and Business Computing in Focus.

We’re staying at the Westin Hotel. I don’t know much about it except that it’s a very health conscious hotel catered towards business men/women. The place looks nifty. It’s only 15 mins away from the local Borders. (Argh! Books! Must control, only get what I usually can’t get in Brunei and Malaysia.)

The training will last 7 days and it’s a shame that we leave immediately after. *sigh* I mean there’s the Miami beach, Seaworld and Disneyland! (Although I am more inclined towards visiting Seaworld than Disneyland, dunno why.) Well, at least we get the nights off. Good enough to let us go roaming around, try out the night life. Oh, I just can’t wait. It’s just too bad they can’t extend our stay in Florida a bit longer. It turns out that if they change the flight schedule it would cost an extra thousand dollars. Woah…

The weather in the states shouldn’t be too bad though. I wiki-ed it and turns out its only cold during night time at 19°C. Mom is being a bit paranoid though. She wants me to take my cousin’s winter jacket, something she bought while she was studying in Englang. Wah lau le. =.=

Good news is that they allowed us to extend our stay in Bangkok when we switch on the way back. Provided we pay for our own accomodations of course.


Ah, four whole days in beautiful Bangkok.

I know everyone thinks of one thing when they think about Bankok.

Shopping!!!

(Okay, guys, stop snickering. I know there’s also SOMETHING ELSE everyone thinks about as well. Don’t think I don’t know what’s going on in that lopsided brain of yours.)

Anyway, there will be no shopping spree for me. Why? Well, several reasons really. You see, I have a trip to KL that I’ve been planning to go since July. So I’m saving up for that. It’s no fun to be broke during a trip, everyone knows that.

Another reason is that I know I’m gonna be exhausted both physically and mentally by then. I’ll need all the R&R I can get out of my little break in Bangkok. I’m talking about enjoying eateries, witnessing the sights and sounds, really relax to the max and just totally chill. (Ah…sounds like a panda or more like a sloth? Maybe more like a doped up monkey. Haha!)

Although, I’m definitely shopping the Christmas presents for my family in both USA and Thailand.

I’ll be staying most probably in the Diamond City Hotel. I’ve read some reviews and it sounds like a pretty good place. I don’t care much about the service or how many stars it’s got. I’m just concerned about security. I don’t want to come back and find some things MIA. *Choi! Choi!*

If anyone got any tips about travelling, pls let me know. I’m sure when it comes to long flights and foreign countries I’m the most sakai of the Sakains from Sakai Island.

5 comments:

Effy said...

Nice. I feel excited for you la. I wish i can join you in Bangkok. Then can go back together to brunei. Hehe. Thanks for your concern. It has been tramautizing and stressful experience. Need to build up some confidence back. Cheers

HotMaMa said...

chaboh.. presents for family saja... kami nada... No more angpow for andrew eh like that.. hahahaha

Lady Knife said...

Effy: Please please please take good care of yourself. Drink more chicken essence. Rest up. Dun think too much, ok? I'll see you in Dec around xmas if you haven't gone home yet.

Lady Knife said...

Hotmama: Got present...who said dun have present? Lai, lai, come I give you a *ahem* 'special' present that I know you like one. Can touch and play with it one. User friendly. You want? Hahahaha!

HotMaMa said...

bari takut jua c fel ani.. Gitau c SEAN karang... hahahaha bitch...