- At The Moment of My Mind -

Taking leaps of faith only to fall in step with Him.

Friday, January 04, 2008

And I'm Leaving In An Airbus ~ ~ ~






The trip started out ominously enough for me. I stayed up until 4 in the morning packing and doing last minute check ups on everything. So no surprise that I ended up feeling like a zombie the next day at the airport.

My brother sent me to the airport and stayed there with me until it was time for me to board. It was actually nice having my brother around once in a while, especially when he’s not being extra dumb.

New airport rules now states that we cannot carry any liquids in our hand carry. All liquid-ish stuff has to be under 10ml and in a zip lock sandwhich sized plastic bag. This means no bottled water or other kinds of beverages can be hand carried into the plane which sucks for me cuz I need my water. *sigh*

Travelling from Brunei to Bangkok took roughly 3hrs of travel and we had only 1hr to switch planes. Luckily we managed to catch our flight to LA.

The 14hr flight was not kind to me, I tell you, cuz it was cramped, dark, and cold. For some reason my ear piece wasn’t working properly. It was the most miserable 14hrs of my life. I tried to sleep and couldn’t because there was a baby sitting in the row before mine who kept on crying every few hours.

I tried to read but the lone light glaring at my book while the rest of the plane was dark just made my eyes sore. So I tried watching movies but with my ear piece not working properly, I couldn’t make out what ½ the stuff Catherine Zeta Jones was saying. I’ve even requested new ear phones and they turned out the same. It must have been something wrong with the socket or something. All in all, I was glad that we finally landed safely in LA.

Rush, Rush, RUSH. Go, Go, GO!

I swear we rushed from one terminal to the next. The place is huge and kind of confusing. Thank gawd we didn’t get lost.

Still we missed our connecting flight to Ft.Lauderdale. Argh! The nice lady at the check in counter put us in the next flight out of LA to Miami, which is about an hr from Ft.Lauderdale. Beggars can’t be choosers.

When we reach there after 5 hrs, it was good that our driver managed to find us.

It was already eight in the morning. We had like an hour to change, shower, and freshen up before our first day of training. One problem though, our luggage somehow ended up flying to Chicago of all places. WTF?



It will only arrive later that day around noon... *swt*

So Monday training, our American colleagues greeted us in our mucky, icky, grubby selves wearing the same clothes as we did 22 hrs ago. Nice.

By the end of the day, I just showered and KOed in the hotel room. I didn't even bother with dinner. Gawd bless the Westin, their beds are SOOOoooOOO comfy.





More to come ~! To be continued ~!

No comments: