- At The Moment of My Mind -

Taking leaps of faith only to fall in step with Him.

Sunday, May 23, 2010

There's a Calm Before a Storm

Last night I was chatting with someone whose opinion I respect. He has a blunt frankness about him which is refreshing, and it is thanks to his awakening insight that has made me come to realization with myself at some level.

I shall not divulge in specifics as it was at the time 2.30 in the morning and I must admit details are a little fuzzy right now. When I woke at the sound of rain beating against my roof and window, I find the interesting coincidence I am in as I’ve always been partial to rainy weather. Its like nature’s way to wash the grit and grime of yesterday. It possesses the astonishing ability to refresh the living. Introducing new sounds and smells around me. The chill, the coziness it brings, enhances the warmth and protection I feel within my home.

It was with such awareness that has taken root deep in my mind and began to grow, even though it is a barren wasteland, perhaps from years of neglect and abuse of my part. So many things I could enrich myself with and yet haven’t done so. I haven’t studied as I want to study. I mean to begin afresh. Like rain, my friend’s curt and perhaps bruising honesty washed the dust and watered the ground.

We have discussed at length the differences between belief and faith. What romanticisms we have in life, general or otherwise. Along those lines came the discussion of trust. A moral value I’ve long lost in the opposite sex. It is with my negativity and distrust that has caused me to lose something precious to me before. Although I hope it is not forever lost but I have monsters of my own to tame before I can re-establish anything.

First thing first is to have faith and belief in myself before anything else. More or not, I would like to have faith in myself again as belief can be fleeting whereas faith is lasting. Perhaps with belief and faith in myself again, I can come to love myself. For how can a person give love and deserve love in return if she doesn’t love herself in the first place?

32 comments:

千惠千惠 said...

完成一個小目標,會把自己推向一個大目標.............................................

Rozi said...

So watcha gonna do about it?

Felicity said...

Plan, study, stop reading rubbish, and sure hell try to be better!

I'll talk to you when I see you next weekend.

韋于倫成 said...

到處逛逛~~來繞繞留個言囉~~~~ ........................................

麗卿 said...

與其爭取不可能得到的東西,不如善自珍惜運用自己所擁有的 ..................................................

家谷 said...

Custom makes all things easy~~加油哦 ....................................................

宛儒DarwinM_Pawlak0203 said...

Say not all that you know, believe not all that you hear. ............................................................

saa said...

活是一種鍛鍊靈魂的東西......................................................

靖福 said...

當一個人內心能容納兩樣相互衝突的東西,這個人便開始變得有價值了。..................................................................

俊賢 said...

blog不錯唷~我會常常來看的~加油~!!

江婷 said...

Pen and ink is wits plough.................................................................

冠宏 said...

知識可以傳授,智慧卻不行。每個人必須成為他自己。....................................................................

貴寶 said...

人有兩眼一舌,是為了觀察倍於說話的緣故。............................................................

吳婷婷 said...

當一個人內心能容納兩樣相互衝突的東西,這個人便開始變得有價值了。............................................................

琇白 said...

thank for share, it is very important . ̄︿ ̄..................................................................

雅俊芬凱陳許 said...

單純喜歡你的部落格 留個言跟您問聲好~~............................................................

致又郭dgdfg陳jt延邦 said...

As a man sows, so he shall reap...................................................................

婷珊 said...

很以有啟發性的故事阿~感謝大大分享^^......................................................

溫緯李娟王季 said...

你的部落格不錯哦,我來享受一下~~............................................................

黃威宇 said...

逛街不如逛部落格,省錢又開心啊............................................................

珮瑜 said...

好東西要和好朋友分享--感謝您............................................................

琬安琬安 said...

良好的開端,已是成功的一半。..................................................

林士芸林士芸 said...

生存乃是不斷地在內心與靈魂交戰;寫作是坐著審判自己。..................................................

靜錢怡 said...

來幫忙你衝人氣~順便留言支持你 ............................................................

黃於志豪士賢 said...

人生中最好的禮物就是屬於自己的一部份..................................................

筱朝宜財 said...

好的開始並不代表會成功,壞的開始並不代表是失敗..................................................

偉曹琬 said...

你要保守你的心,勝過保守一切,因為一生的果效是由心發出................................................

老鱼 said...

愛情是一種發明,需要不斷改良。只是,這種發明和其他發明不一樣,它沒有專利權,隨時會被人搶走。.................................................................

凱許倫 said...

生命是一頓豐富的宴席,有人卻寧可挨餓................................................

韋陳富 said...

Poverty tries friends...................................................................

凡柯柯豐柯柯柯 said...

傻氣的人喜歡給心 雖然每次都被笑了卻得到了別人的心..................................................................

佳張張張張燕張張張張張 said...

你怎麼能經過一片海,而忘記它的藍?......................................................................