- At The Moment of My Mind -

Taking leaps of faith only to fall in step with Him.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Coffee, Tea or Tomato?

Last Saturday I went on an overdue family trip to Bandar Seri Bergawan. On the way we would usually have breakfast at the ‘mien tang’ (hawker stand) in Seria but I bought some dim sum instead and so we skipped that idea.

Thing is I was the one hankering for a chou kuay teow with hor pau tan (stir fried noodles with egg sunny side up) which is stupid cuz I work only 10 mins away from Seria and could get that anytime. Maybe it’s cuz my dad and I had developed this habit of having breakfast there everytime he send me back to my hostel back in my private college days.

So when we passed Sungai Liang there’s a tiny cafĂ© there which, according to mom, sells really good stir fried noodles. I was thinking of getting some when my drove into the parking lot and asked me to ta pau 2 milo and 1 kopi for her and my sisters.

Got out of the car, walked to the tiny establishment, lo behold, it full of old men, sitting around ‘yum char’ (drink tea) or ‘pak toh’ (dating) for all I know. They all looked at me as if I am the first female to step into the place since 1964.

“Hell, no, not ordering any food from here. Dunno they drug me with it and later sell my meat to make char siew pau with.”

Walked to the counter, “Lau Pan (boss), can I have two cups of milo and 1 cup of kopi to go?” ”Sorry, we dun sell by cups, we sell by bottles.”

Bottles? So special ar? Ok lah.

*wait wait wait*

“Ok, here ya go. $2.60 please.”

“Here, ok…thank…you?”

The guy handed me a plastic bag with 3 large glass bottles of maggi chilli and tomato sauce. Nga? What the…? Then upon closer inspection... *PFFFF!!!*

These people put the coffee into the bottles. Do they actually expect ppl to drink out of this? What the hell?Poor mom, she chug it down with real gutso but I bet the other drivers are wondering why there’s a lady drinking maggi sauce while driving.

Who needs red bull, eh? Got tomato faloured coffee le, real kick. >_<

2 comments:

Nonnie King said...

Haha. Even you go to KB Pasar upstair and ta-pau Teh-C they also give you the soya sauce bottle or maggie chilli sauce bottle.

But, at least they remove the label liao la~

Lady Knife said...

haha, ya, that one i know, but this one still got label. weird la to drink out of them. XD