- At The Moment of My Mind -

Taking leaps of faith only to fall in step with Him.

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Excapade Sushi
(No, not escape with the sushi)

There's a lot of sushi restaurants mushrooming around Brunei but my fav is still Excapade Sushi. Their first restaurant opened in Kuilap. It use to be an old coffee shop where my friends and I once hung out. Plus I use to live just 100 metres away, in the staff hostel right above the old Dee Jay shop.

Ever since I moved back to KB, I missed the food there until...tada! They opened their own branch in KB itself. Wooooot!

What I like about this place is that there's no stuffiness or snob atmosphere of some sushi places I've been. The place is comfortable, cosy and crowded. XD


Sometimes my friends and I have to reserve a place just to eat there. Yes, it's that popular.

Not only the food is nice (ingredients brought in from Japan) but there's an interesting variety for everyone. I'm spoilt for choice usually. Plus sometimes they make different kinds of maki or rolls or dishes apart from the menu to put on the choo choo train.

David and I went there for lunch today. Hehee, yes, the fella is back from Australia for his cousin's wedding.


Here's some of my favourite dishes.




Here's some of David's preference...or something he just felt like eating at the time.




Hehehe, finish liao!


3 comments:

Nonnie King said...

It's nice.. But don't you think a little too small liao? But I agree with you lah, the environment in Excapade just feels so much like Mamak stall sometimes.

When is David leaving by the way?

Lady Knife said...

Alex: Haha, come down to KB lar when Effy is back. We go bring you to makan there. XD

King: Yeah it is small but I still like it cuz it seems cozier that way. David is leaving early August, I think. You should call to confirm with him though cuz I'm not too sure myself. See him everytime, first word from his mouth? "Sien ah!"

Effy said...

you make me lapar lah. shyte! and ezra coming to kl. training + working at the same time. he'll be here next week onwards. for four bloody months. lucky bastard.