- At The Moment of My Mind -

Taking leaps of faith only to fall in step with Him.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006



The Berbadak...


Woke up the next day at the sound of the ‘orang tua’ knocking at the door of Shikin’s room cuz it was already time for her mandi. I dun know what it was exactly but I had to go out anyway. When I entered the kitchen that morning simply to greet the parents good morn, lo and behold, there’s Shikin’s mother at the back with a big ass bloody cleaver, mobile phone held between her ear and shoulder, talking a mile a minute.

It was really something of an eye opener as she went on to complain about yesterday’s buffet to the unfortunate person at the other end of the line and chopping up chunks of beef. First thing on my mind was, “Where did she get all that meat?” There was bags and bags load of beef. *Did she get mad at the bland buffet yesterday? Was she so pissed that she went out with that cleaver and killed a cow?*

Effy grinned “Nada lah, order lah.” Oh…cuz I swear, her mom that morning looked cool enough to kill something with her bare hands. Kinda like Resident Evil cool, blood, big chopper and all.

Basically we lolled around the house because things aren’t starting to happen until later that evening. It was only until mid afternoon that Effy and I managed to get our asses into a car and run errands for the household. Buy extension, big plastic covers for the food, tomato sauce, etc, etc, etc. When we got back, we hung around shikin’s room cuz basically most of the hantaran was transferred there and plus, shikin’s still not yet allowed to go out. You can imagine how hard it is to be cooped inside your own house/room for three whole days, it would drive any sane person mad.

During the evening she was getting ready. Make up artist made her lovely as usual with her hair and face all dolled up. *sigh* My *ahem* lovely Shikin is getting married (already married since her nikah was the day before), now left only Effy and I the bachelorettes.

That night they preformed the berbadak ceremony. This is where they sprinkle some fragant stuff on to her hands, kinda like a blessing I think. I didn’t ask what it was all about nor did I take a close look at what it actually was. I was afraid they might want to ask me to preform the simple ritual as well. For all I know, I might trip and spill the whole thing on Shikin. >_<


That night there was more makan, which we again brought to the living room upstairs for the make up artist and the photographer.

I decided to stay another night, cuz the next say is the ‘sanding’. Plus my car was still blocked so can't escape. Haha.


To be continued…

1 comment:

Effy said...

where's ur tagboard?