- At The Moment of My Mind -

Taking leaps of faith only to fall in step with Him.

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Second Home



After 7 days from the sanding, there’s one last ceremony left. I dun remember what it’s called but I’m guessing something like ‘Returning Home’. This is when Wandi will bring his lovely bride, Shikin, back to his house.

I’ve been to Wandi’s house several times but only entered once. Funny how all these years I’ve lived so close to Shikin, Effy and pat but never knew that much about them until our hostel days together. I knew Patricia from school but she wasn’t that long in SJS and I only remember her as this funny girl who pops up once in a while.

Anyway I’m digress, so, first I went to Shikin’s house and I helped her put on her make up cuz the make up artist wouldn’t be coming for that occasion. I guess I did alright, nothing really compared to what the make up artist did but good enough. Haha. It’s fun applying make up on my friends. Effy too, I love to make her girly. Haha, I guess it’s because I can still remember her during the time when I first met her. She was a very serious looking girl. Many people wrongly assume that Effy’s the elder sister and Shikin the younger.





** Haha, jagan marah Effy, mua mu serious masa tu what, kau lagi tinggi daripada Shikin. Takut ku liat mua mu dulu, macam kan makan orang, masa ni, makan orang pulang tapi species jenis laki, dalam dark corners lagi tu. Hahahaha. **








So once the couple was ready, we all set off, convoy to Wandi’s house where then tents are still there, and all the makanan was prepared. The couple was seated in the pelamin of the groom’s side and pictures were taken. There was some traditional gifts set in front of the pelamin too, sacks of rice, oil, kitchen utensils…wifey stuff. Then the couple greeted or salam all the elders and guests. After a quick prayer it was time to dig in.



Wah, I still remember the food from that day, seriously, the sambal got real kick le. I still like Shikin & Effy’s mom’s sambal and chenchalu, but the food that nite was not bad also. Then there’s Aiman…who I seriously think is in love with Effy la. It seems like she’s the only one who can understand him and he keeps dragging her here and there and showing her stuff. Maybe it was puppy love at first sight. Maybe he’s already planning Effy’s pelamin. Whahahahaha.

After most of the guests have eaten and went home, some stayed back and started to kareoke. Okay, this is something I always wondered, if it’s not the song ‘Isabella’ it’s always this dangdut song starting with the lyrics, “Jatuh bagun ~” I dun know what the song is called but I swear, every malay wedding I’ve been to or can hear (especially when they are my neighbours) sure will have either one or both songs. Must be real popular wedding songs.

Tired but happy, everyone of us went to our respective homes. (Except Shikin of course, being the bride, she has to spend the night at Wandi’s house.) Hmm, I dunno what more I can wish Wandi & Shikin, except that may your cup always be full and your plate never empty and that your years together will grow richer than the year before. *kampai!* XD



Also, in happy days, in sad days, in good days and in bad days, remember whatever day it is, your friends and family are always near by. ^_^ Congrats chabo!

1 comment:

Effy said...

The ceremony was called "mulih tiga hari" but since it was done on the seventh day it was called "mulih 7 hari".