- At The Moment of My Mind -

Taking leaps of faith only to fall in step with Him.

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Come Fly With Me, Let's Fly, Let's Fly Away ~


When I went to KL last year with Shikin, I didn’t think I would visit again and alone even more. Sad to say ah, the last time I traveled alone was when I was sent to Singapore for job training and that was 4 years ago. So this is the second time I’m actually traveling alone.






The main purpose of going to KL this time was to visit my guild mates in KL and Penang. Even a guild mate from Singapore went. It was exciting to think I’ll be meeting and staying with friends I’ve only known online. Ones that I trust won’t leave me in a tub of ice with both my kidneys missing. This is gathering also marks the one year I’ve been playing Ragnarok Online. Haha, I remembered that I wanted to try RO just for the fun of it. Look at where I am now, still playing RO.

I was so excited the night before that I couldn’t sleep and finally snoozed at around 5am. Nevermind, my flight was scheduled at 6pm, no problem.




Reached the airport in time and checked in. Scan, scan, scan, everything put into the big x ray machine and scan. I put in Josey (laptop) first but when she went in, the whole machine stopped. Ah? My baby is still in there, at least let me pass le. Haiz, but couldn’t cuz the whole gate power down. Maybe they forgot to pay last month’s electric bill. So we had to wait for a while for them to sort things out lo. At least I’m better off than this guy who was in line before me. Since he had metal buckles on his shoes, he had to take them off and put them through the x-ray machine. Ended up his shoes on one side and the fella was bare foot on the other. XD

Finally seated in the plane, can hear my heart go bump bump bump, cuz in 2 hrs, I would be meeting Quin and PB in person. So excited! Kya~! >_<



So I tried to settle down when who I see happen to pass by? It was Mr. X, head of a department in the company I work for. Okay la, wave and say hello to the fella, that’s it, but a few minutes later, “Any one sitting here?” Aiyoh…

The fella talked mostly about investments, bank interests, inflation and insurance for 2 solid hours. Woopeee…

Trust me, I’ve tried steering the conversation into other topics.

“So why is Mr. X flying to KL?”
“Oh going to catch a flight to Penang around midnight.”
“Mr. X got business in Penang?”
“Not really, my family is there, and my father in law is celebrating his birthday this weekend so I decided to attend.”
“Oh, I see…I’m gonna visit Penang this Sunday.”
“Is it? You should really try the hawker food there, it’s really good.”
“Yeah, that’s what I heard too.”



*smile* *smile*



“So you already got your own insurance plan?”

Lord, give me strength.

Turns out he’s going back to Brunei on Sunday. He said it was a pity cuz then he could show me around in Penang. In my heart I was thinking there is a God after all.

Finally when the plane landed, I picked up my luggage and started messaging Quin. She asked me to wait for her at the coffee zone near by, and since I slept so late the night before, I was already lagging a bit and the smell of the coffee was so nice…

“Hi Mareen”

Huh? Who? Oh ya, that’s me. ^_^ Heh, not use to hearing people call me by my internet nick.

PB and Quin, I recognize them since I’ve seen their pictures before. Then I was introduced to Quin’s mom also. I tried to speak to auntie with my best mandarin le, but even that failed, PB had a nice time poking me. Damn me and my broken mandarin tongue.

Everyone dropped by Quin’s house first where I freshened up. Sala, Eekie and Spire presented the guild tee shirt (really cute! A1!)


Hmm…I dunno how to describe it lo, first time meeting the people who I’ve befriended and even grown close to virtually for a year now. I didn’t know what to say. It was kinda awkward for me. Most of the time I remember thinking how surreal it felt or maybe it could be because I was kinda tired. Everyone said I resemble Eekie but I think she’s like an energizer bunny and her voice matches her personality, very cute. I feel like pinching her now.

We all went out for supper.

Mino – bits of burger like meat (you can choose either chicken or beef) fried and mixed with cabbage and mayonnaise, all wrapped up in a nicely cooked egg with cheese on top.

I mostly spent my time studying their faces, occasionally saying something or answering a question or two thrown my way, otherwise I was pretty quiet. I like listening to everyone talk instead. It’s interesting what people say sometimes. Then after that, PB went home to finish off some work while the rest of us head for La Bodega for drinks. I’m not a drinker. I dunno what my alcoholic preferences are. I know I dun like vodka. I know I like good whiskey & wine. That’s it. In the end I ordered something called Mai Tai, which seems safe enough.

It turned out to be pretty nice. We didn’t drink much, mind you, unlike the last time when I drank any alcoholic beverage in KL. Ok, I better not get into that. (Shikin & Effy, shhhh! Don't have to say anything. You know, I know, ok, right?) XD



Everyone headed home and I managed to catch some sleep.

To be continued…

No comments: