- At The Moment of My Mind -

Taking leaps of faith only to fall in step with Him.

Monday, December 19, 2005

Christmas At Home...


This is our xmas tree. It's about 6 ft tall. I helped my sisters just set it up yesterday. Mom helped them decorate it. Looks nice doesn't it? Brings back lots of memories. This tree was given to us by my mom's boss when he went back to Holland after his contract in Brunei finished. It's been wif us since 1994, wow, 11 years.


Of course, we have our own local flair in decorating Christmas trees here... like a chilli perhaps?


I noticed this year, Mom did away wif all the old decorations. The paper lanterns my bro and I made when we were in sunday school were missing.

Her fav xmas candle figures are still around though.

I remember a Christmas eve when my mom took my bro and sisters to church. Dad was working in the Capital that time and didn't have the time to come back to a holiday he didn't believe in (dad's a free thinker). It was raining hard outside, I would have a cup of milo, turn out all the lights except for the ones on the xmas tree and sing "I'm dreaming of a wet christmas..." while watching the special programs on TV.

Yep, tis the season people. I feel like decorating a coconut tree or something.

No comments: