- At The Moment of My Mind -

Taking leaps of faith only to fall in step with Him.

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Merry Christmas Ladies & Gentlemen. (Bleh Version)




It’s December again. The last month, when businesses wrap up their accounts, the holiday month, the month of bitter cold or rainy monsoon, the month of celebration and all that jazz.

It’s also my birthday month. I’ve been wondering about that for a while now. Why was I born on the 2nd last day of the year? Why not on new year’s eve? But then I thought, does it even matter? No, not really. Just wondering, you know? Haha. My mother use to say that I couldn’t wait to see the New Year. Bleh.

Christ was born on the 25th of Dec. Why 25th? Then again, why not? Would it be just as meaningful if he was born on the 8th of June? *heh* I guess so. God didn’t invent the calendar, we did. Go figure. No wonder it doesn’t work properly. Come on la, leap year? Bleh.

My family wasn’t born into Christianity. My mom started bringing my bro and I to church one Sunday (I was 10, bro was 5) and that was that. To tell you the truth I have no idea of ½ the things we did at church that time. I was just a kid. When I was in Primary 4 I was so scared of failing that year that I prayed for nothing else but to pass my exams. In the end I did pass and my faith was sealed. Like I said, I was only 10 at the time.

As a kid I’ve always knew there is a God but I didn’t know I have to go for confessions to him or that I have to go for Holy Communion. I mean does doing those things bring me closer to God? Would He only recognize me when I go to Mass? I don’t think so. Actually I think this free will thing is that God dun give a rat’s ass with what we do as long as we recognize and love him and his creations.

But of course, that is just what I think. Heh. Bleh.


Our Christmas tree when I was a kid, was the middle wooden pole holding up our part of the house. I would stick pins and thumb tacks in the middle of the pole with Christmas decoration and pretend it’s a tree. I would put a list of things I wish for in a new sock and also stick it on the xmas pole. It’s always the next morning the sock would be gone and a present would be sitting there. Heh. I didn’t mind it wasn’t what I wanted because was too ecstatic that HE came. Who? Duh, Santa of course. Bleh.

That time we were living in the maid quarters of Panaga while my mom worked for a Dutch family. At the time, most of the people living in Panaga are from Holland. It’s not surprising that they also have their own traditional celebrations. Like a Saint Nick with his black elves, throwing candy at good little kids while they run through the area. At bad kids, I hear, they throw coal and pebbles. But then I dun think they actually did that. What if the bad kid happened to be the son of Saint Nick’s Boss’s?

“I’ll see you Monday morning, Nick.” *gulp* Hehe. Bleh.

This year I’ll be taking a 5 day leave for xmas. Not sure what I’ll be doing yet because the same thing happens every year. Dad would be at home watching TV with a beer. Mom would be at Church with the choir. My sisters would either be with her at Church or watching TV at home. Only God knows what my brother will be doing, working probably. I know I’ll be going for WOE (Ragnarok) on xmas eve. Heh. Bleh.

I’ve been invited several times to spend xmas at KL. It sounds awfully tempting (I hear some places in KL rawk during xmas.) but sad to say I’m in no financial position to go. Maybe next Christmas. Bleh.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone!!! ^_^

No comments: