- At The Moment of My Mind -

Taking leaps of faith only to fall in step with Him.

Saturday, December 10, 2005

Late Date with Miri




I thank God that I’ve taken leave on Friday to get ready for Pat’s Chinese reception in Miri.

Woke up late that day and after a shower I started packing for the overnight stay. Passport, check, towel, check, toothbrush check…hmmm feels like I’ve forgotten something…

My dress~!

Effy and Shikin messaged me and we arranged to go to the salon together after I pick up my new dress from Yvonne’s Mom, who tailored my dress. I was so excited. Actually I just wanted to trim, wash and blow dry my hair straight. But then Shikin mentioned ‘Set’ I was like ‘Set?’ what? The three of us one set have discount kah? Yes I was that damn blur ok?

Effy was signaling to me *Hello? Set? Like make hair pretty and curly and cute?*

Oh~! *Smack on the head*

After the hot curling, Shikin went off to work. So, Effy and I continue to another salon to get our nails done. We went to the Korean House of Nails. Well…actually there is no such place, Effy just made it up, but it sounds classy, eh?

Nails done, bag packed, dressed nicely steamed and we’re all on our way to Miri with Wandi as the driver.

Aaron messaged me “Where are u guys? It’s late already.”

DUH~! You think we want to be late ah? No choice mah. Some people have to work for a living what.

Anyway, checked into the hotel, changed and got ready in our room, everyone rushing about, doing their make up, zipping up dresses, strapping on heels. Off we go, down the elevator and into the ballroom where the party was.

There was a live band. Woohoo! Music was good, food was good and everyone was feeling good. It was a great time.

Took pictures after the dinner. Lovely couple eh?

After the initial polite manners and chit chat, we all went up again to change to our more casual clothes to par-tay in Cherry Berries. (What to do? This is Miri we’re talking about.)


Okay, whatever happens in Cherry Berries, STAYS in Cherry Berries. Heh.

Off we go back to the hotel to snooze the night away. Next evening back to the normality of our life in Kuala Belait.

Helloooo Brunei.

No comments: