- At The Moment of My Mind -

Taking leaps of faith only to fall in step with Him.

Saturday, October 01, 2005

I Survived

Today is Saturday and the worst part of the week is over. Now I can relax and enjoy my monthly pay. Well, enjoy that I have some money at least. For the better part of last week I have been scraping the bottom hole of my kitty bank to pay for parking space tickets.




First, a rant on yesterday’s crappy happenings. I got to work as normal only to be given the message that my boss will be coming down at 11am NOT 12pm as planned. So our executive had the courtesy to let us know at the bloody last minute (10am) and added, “Please, finish up the stock inventory by the time they arrive.”

Gawd damn.

I can tell you my staff and I rushed through it. Thing is, (I should fire my staff for this or something) my exec also instruct us to help each other writing in the figures from our own lists to the main list BUT my staff forgot that little fact. So then my other staff was left alone with finishing up her list of figures.

Okay, I know we should help up since it needed to be done fast but we have a rule of helping out other staff in their own stock count. In the past we had cases where when one staff is helping the other, if a problem comes up, a wrong figure or expiration date, they would start playing the blaming/finger pointing game. So this is why we didn’t help out.

When my exec arrived with my boss’s right hand woman (oh, my boss couldn’t make it), she blasted me right in front of everyone. Not even a “Good morning, girls.”

Shit.

She flamed me with questions as why the main list isn’t complete and why aren’t we helping the last staff out. She TOLD us to help. This is happening when the staff who took the message via phone was in the restroom.

I was flabbergasted. I told her I didn’t know what she is talking about and reminded her about our rule of solitary stock count and record it in. She then barked at the staff to pass the rest of the stock take to me. I can actually feel my face go BLACK. I mean it’s alright if I actually did something wrong, but to be blamed for something I didn’t know I should be doing, then flamed in front of my staff and the boss’s right hand woman, THEN be barked an order like that. I can tell you I was not a happy lady.

Later when she cooled down (the other staff was also questioned and told her yes, she forgot.) she then instructed the other staff to help out and then we finally finished the list. I was too busy helping the right hand woman to really care. I didn’t speak to her much after that. She talked to me about the write off in previous months as normal and I answered just as normal.

I can’t pretend it didn’t happen, but I know she’s smart enough to know that she did wrong. Well, it’s because when she makes a mistake, she would gloss over it and try to make amends with us the staff. I’m not saying it’s fair but she’s in charge of us, so yeah, have to give her SOME face.

So after that, they left as soon as they finished printing the reports from our cash register CPU. I blew a sigh of frustrated relief. I now have put the matter aside and promptly named my exec the ‘Puffer Fish’, whenever a puffer fish gets excited or senses danger or gets angry, they blow up and are full of poison but looks comical at the same time.



Can we say ‘FUGU’?

No comments: