- At The Moment of My Mind -

Taking leaps of faith only to fall in step with Him.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005


Last Sunday my friends were baking a Lemon Cream Cake. I happen to pop by hoping for sample before I get back to work again. Unfortunately my timing wasn’t all that great. They only just started mixing the ingredients and by the time the cake was done in the oven, I was already on my way to work.

My friends decided to leave me some to taste when I visit them after my shift. It tasted good enough, a bit too dry on the side for my taste but one of my friends liked it that way which is why she left it in the oven a little longer than usual. I thought it was a cheese cake because they mixed cream cheese into it but the recipe was called Lemon Cream Cake. The lemon smell of the cake was good. Nice touch to an afternoon tea break.

It scored a few more marks for being an easy recipe without fuss, just mix everything in one bowl and pop it into the oven. Perfect for those who wish to entertain but no time to make impressive cakes yet don’t want to serve guests with store bought semi-fresh ones. Whip up some fresh cream, strawberries and kiwi on top plus in the middle of the cake and you’re set.

Overall verdict: 6.5/10

Lemon Cream Cake
125g butter
125g cream cheese
3 teaspoon lemon rind
1 cup (220g) castor sugar
2 eggs
¾ cup (110g) self-raising flour
½ cup (75g) plain flour

Grease pan. Combine all ingredients in medium bowl of electric mixer, beat on low speed until all ingredients are combines. Then beat on medium speed until mixture is smooth and changed in colour. Spoon and spread mixture into prepared pan. Bake in moderately slow oven about 55 minutes. Stand few minutes before turning onto wire rack to cool. Dust cold cake with sifted icing sugar if desired.

No comments: