- At The Moment of My Mind -

Taking leaps of faith only to fall in step with Him.

Monday, September 19, 2005


Pathetic Actually

I made the mistake of watching ‘Love Actually’ just now. Being an easily influenced person such as I (especially when having drunk a bit of red wine), of course, I grew weepy, sappy and all around depressive.

Those who have watched the movie knows what I’m talking about, those who haven’t probably can figure the content out from the title itself.

People can and do say a lot of things in their own defense.

“I’m happy being by myself.”
“Really, what’s the big deal? I got my friends and family.”
“I am just not looking at the moment.”
“Who needs the fuss of courting and romancing and loving? I don’t.”

Pfff, please. People need other people or otherwise everyone can be naked hermits living off nature in the mountains, like bears. Just meet and fuck every spring (or mating season) and run off. Leave the female to give birth alone, to teach how to hunt and survive. Then come next spring, back to square. At least monkeys are smarter. They live in groups and socialize. Maybe the apes will rule the earth one day.

“Tick grooming anyone?”

I am young, I am single and dammit, I hate being so. I would like to have someone at the other end of the phone saying, “Hey, how’s work? The boys and I won the game today. Too bad you had to miss it. Peter and Alice said hi and send their regards. I’ve missed you today. How about dinner later at that new restaurant near that boutique you hated?”

Seriously, is that too hard to ask?

1 comment:

Lady Knife said...

ya! my first real commentor! banzai! banzai! banzai!