- At The Moment of My Mind -

Taking leaps of faith only to fall in step with Him.

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Married Be She

Today was the last day of the 3 day malay celebration of Patricia & Hamdani’s Wedding. This is the chronology of their wedding with love from Felicity.

Day 1 : The Nikkah

Both side of the family is celebrating this event. I was really nervous because I’ve never been involved with a malay wedding 110%. You can ask Shikin, I was fumbling in my purse, dropping stuff and forgetting things.

Basically, I was no help much. Pat’s mom and Pam pretty much have everything done. Thumbs up on their hard work into making Pat’s wedding special. There was around 100 people there, mostly relatives and friends of the family, including moi. I arrived there around 1 plus. Shikin had to work so she went off at 2. I had work at 5 which sucks but my staff’s son had convocation on the same nite. So there ya go.




Still, it was an exciting time. Aziz and Tini did a good job in guiding the guests. We all had some food to eat, then waited for the people from Hamdani’s side to come with the hantaran.

I didn’t count Pat’s hantaran but I know there was quiet a few. (Pat…if ur white shoes are missing, ask Tini. You know I can’t fit into your shoes. Now…if it was your bags missing…that’s a diff story.) *lol*



Hamdani’s hantaran wasn’t small stuff either. The biggest fuss everyone made had got to be the guitar. Yes, you read right, it was a real freaking good lookin one too. It was huge, we were wondering how to actually place it gracefully and prettily with the rest of the gifts.

So we all drove to Hamdani’s place where we all gathered in the living room where the ceremony was to take place. Before that, we dropped into the couple while they were getting ready.


My first glimpse of Patricia in all her make up and finery was…memorable. She was so beautiful dressed in all white. It didn’t seem like the Patricia I know. Instead there stood a composed, lovely woman, all ready to devote herself to be Hamdani’s wife for the rest of her life.

When they preformed the ceremony, thought I didn’t understand a single thing still…when Hamdani said that “Yes, I accept this woman, Izzah Batricia, as my wife.” I really felt so weepy. They shook hands, rings, signed the contracts…Tini and I were openly weeping.

Some kid handed us tissue. Glad to see that gentlemen still exists in the world.
“Eh sei…kau ni…”
“Nada lah, karang make up orang gugur?”

I had just enough time after the ceremony to congratulate Pat and family before rushing off to work. Later Tini messaged me that Pat went to the hospital. I was shocked! Why? Cuz the make up artist used a body shop lip balm on Pat and she had a allergic reaction to it. She was in major pain. So they took her to the hospital where she had two injections.

Poor Pat.

At least this much I can say, I’ve never seen her look as beautiful as she did on that day, all dressed in white and made up. She looked so HAPPY. I’m just as happy for her. Well, that’s the first girl in our gang to wed.

[To be continued...]

No comments: